Esta entrada también está disponible en: Español (Spanish) Português (Portuguese (Portugal))

PUSL.- According to a press release of the Ministry for the occupied territories of the SADR the young Saharawi, Eyub Ali Buyema, 18 years old, neighbor of El Aaiún, who was studying secondary school, to which Morocco had imposed the name of Ayub Elghan, participated in the demonstrations of El Aaiún, last 28 June, 2018, when he was run over, by a police car, Toyota Brand, Model “Prado”, with license number 147251, driven by the Moroccan police agent, Mohsen Essrighni.

As a result of the abuse, the young man suffered serious injuries for which he had to be transferred to the Hassan Ben Mehdi hospital. There, the neglect of the hospital’s administrative and health staff worsened their clinical situation, given the heavy internal bleeding he suffered. On Friday, June 29, in the same hospital, the young man presented a complicated clinical picture. The young man’s family, while still at the hospital doors, was prevented from seeing him.

Once, the occupation authorities, took awareness of the seriousness of the case, they prevented his family from visiting him and, also, they did not offer any truthful information, waiting for the UN Personal Envoy to leave the territory, so as not to upset the spirits of the Saharawi population even more,, which continued to demonstrate in different parts of Western Sahara.

To gain time, Morocco, used the most ineffable and ignominious tricks.

First, they told the family that the young man was in a stable situation and that he was going to be transferred, in an ambulance, to one of the Moroccan cities for treatment. Later, already on Saturday, July 30, again, they had been informed that they were going to transfer him on a plane to the Moroccan city of Marrakech. Then, they were notified that the plane had suffered a technical failure.

At the same time that the hospital authorities prevented the family from seeing their son, the police were able to access the patient, to submit him to a severe and premeditated interrogation filmed and, subsequently, disseminated on social networks.

The recording of the video, in open violation of the most elementary norms of decorum, was made when the young man was, apparently, under the effects of some sedative that would have been provided especially for the occasion. This filming was not even interrupted when the young man, in a sudden need to urinate, requested a moment of privacy and the policeman was heard to say, to the young man, ‘follow, follow. You can do it here. ‘

To date, the family continues to endure all kinds of pressures to renounce asking the Moroccan state for responsibility for the health stateof their son.

According to the testimony, from his own aunt, the Moroccan forces had harassed the family, mistreating the women, children and even the disabled of the family who had come to the hospital, being interested in the state of health of the young man The police, also, had chased them to the family home, where they were fiercely repressed.

Finally, in its attempt to reduce the pressure of the population, the Moroccan authorities have decided to move the young man to Marrakech, more than 800 kilometers away from El Aaiún. Next to the the young man, also, traveled his mother, Mrs. Suadu Belaid Amheit, who has been abandoned at the door of the hospital, unable to see her son, being completely disoriented, alone and in an unknown city.