PUSL.- According to Sahrawi Human Rights Activists Moroccan occupation authorities arrested Eyub Ali Buyema, a young Sahrawi at the airport in Casablanca to prevent him from travelling for medical treatment today to Algiers and arrested him.
Moroccan occupation authorities arrested Eyub Ali Buyema at Casablanca airport as he was on his way to Algiers to receive medical treatment for his injuries that resulted from an intentional attack by a police car that run him over in 2018.
The young man and his mother were surprised at the airport by the Moroccan authorities when they alleged that the young Saharawi had an outstanding arrest warrant since 2016. This allegation is fabricated by the occupation authorities since if this was true they had ample opportunity to arrest him since he has spent several weeks in hospital in June 2018. The arrest warrant would have been issued when he was 16 years old and the inability of the Moroccan authorities to find a student in El Aaiun for two years is not at all credible.
Eyub Ali Buyema was intentionally run over by a police car during the visit of former UN envoy Horst Koehler to El Aaiun in June 2018. His identity was repeatedly verified on several occasions in hospitals, Moroccan airports and roads and his whereabouts known to the authorities during all this time without ever being told that he had an outstanding arrest warrant.
According to our source, Eyub Ali Buyema was transported from Casablanca to the occupied city of El Aaiun where he will be presented before the Moroccan occupation authorities and accused on fabricated charges.
Eyub Ali Buyema, 18 years old of El Aaiún, was studying in secondary school. The Moroccan authorities changed his name to Ayub Elghan, since all Saharawi are forced to have Moroccan names. Eyub participated in the demonstrations for self-determination during the visit of former personal envoy of the SG, Horst Koehler, in El Aaiun on 28 June, 2018, when he was run over, by a police car, Toyota “Prado”, with license number 147251, driven by the Moroccan police agent, Mohsen Essrighni.
As a result of the attack, the young man suffered serious injuries for which he had to be transferred to the Hassan Ben Mehdi hospital. There, the neglect of the hospital’s administrative and health staff worsened his clinical situation, given the heavy internal bleeding he suffered.
On Friday, June 29, in the same hospital, his medical conditions was life threatening.
Once, the occupation authorities, took awareness of the seriousness of the case, they prevented his family from visiting him and, did not offer any truthful information, waiting for the UN Personal Envoy to leave the territory, so as not to upset the spirits of the Saharawi population even more, which continued to demonstrate in different parts of Western Sahara.
To gain time, Morocco, told the family that the young man was in a stable situation and that he was going to be transferred, in an ambulance, to one of the Moroccan cities for treatment.
Later, already on Saturday, June 30, again, they had been informed that Eyub would be transferred on a plane to the Moroccan city of Marrakech. Then, they were notified that the plane had suffered a technical problem.
At the same time that the hospital authorities prevented the family from seeing Eyub, the police submitted him to a severe and premeditated interrogation in the hospital that was filmed and, subsequently, disseminated on social networks.
The recording of the video, in open violation of the most elementary norms of justice, was made when the young man was, apparently, under the effects of some sedative that would have been provided especially for the occasion. This filming was not even interrupted when the young man, in a sudden need to urinate, requested a moment of privacy and the policeman was heard to say, to the young man, ‘continue, continue. You can do it here. ‘
To date, the family continues to endure all kinds of pressures to renounce asking the Moroccan state for responsibility for the health state of their son.