Family of Abdallah Abbahah – PUSL.- After visiting today Abdallah Abbahah who is in prolonged solitary confinement since his transfer to Tiflet2 prison on 7th May 2018 and according to his wishes we inform that Abdallah Abbahah made a 48h warning hunger strike on September 16 and 17 for the following 5 reasons:
1. None of the Complaints that he presented to the Moroccan Authorities regarding his deplorable incarceration conditions were ever answered. His conditons were also mentioned by the special rapporteur for reprisals (Ms. Ana Racu) of the UN Comittee against Torture
2. Several times blood test were performed on him without him being informed the reason for the blood tests nor ever given any results of these tests. His doctor is not able to visit him despite Interim Measures issued by the UN Comittee against Torture demanding his right to a doctor of his choice
3. Although he has severe health issue no doctor visited him although he repeatedly asked for medical attention and the UN Comittee against Torture issued Interim Measures demanding his right to a doctor of his choice
4. He has repeatedly asked to be allowed to call his defense lawyer Maître Olfa Ouled but was denied the basic right of all prisoners to communicate with their lawyer, even after the UN Comittee against Torture issued Interim Measures demanding his right to communicate with his lawyer
5. He again demands to be transferred to a prison near to his home city, El Aaiun as was also one of the Interim Measures issued by the UN Comittee against torture
The health of Abdallah Abbahah and the deploring conditions of detainment are contrary both to Moroccan as well as International Law. The deterioration of Abbahah’s condition is of the responsibility of the Moroccan state.