PUSL.- Ministry of Public Health of the Saharawi Arabe Democratic Republic
Corona Virus Prevention Committee – Statement No. 01
– Due to the health situation the world is witnessing due to the spread of Corona Covid 19 virus
– Given the exceptional health status in our region, and despite the fact that no cases of this virus were recorded in the camps and liberated areas until this time, with the exception of one case coming from abroad, which is currently subject to the necessary medical examinations and we will provide you with a statement that denies or confirms the infection.
– In the face of this exceptional situation, the Ministry of Public Health requires all citizens to remain in their whereabouts, whether in camps or liberated areas or in communities and diaspora.
– It calls upon all citizens to follow the preventive measures taken in all hospital health institutions, which obliges all citizens arriving in the camps to contact the regional and national hospitals to complete the initial procedures.
The Ministry of Public Health also informs all citizens of the allocation of a quarantine headquarters in the camps.
Therefore, we ask all citizens arriving in the camps to adhere to the 15-day quarantine period specified in order to avoid any injury, God forbid, for their families and society.
The Ministry of Health also advises all citizens to avoid meetings that number more than 20 people and not to move except in cases of necessity, especially for those afflicted with chronic diseases, children, pregnant women and the elderly.
The ministry calls on all citizens to take care of personal and public hygiene, avoid shaking hands, and make sure to keep at least a meter away during traffic and congestion with other people, and avoid public transportation.
The Ministry of Health also appeals to all citizens to contact the nearest health center in the event of the following symptoms:
– High temperature
– Sneezing and coughing
– Severe shortness of breath