The Working Group of the Sao Paulo Forum condemns the violation of the ceasefire perpetrated by Morocco against the Saharawi people in Guerguerat.
Morocco’s unilateral military aggression against Sahrawi civilians in Guerguerat is a serious violation of the ceasefire signed in 1991 between the Polisario Front and Morocco; which generated a response from the Saharawi People’s Liberation Army.
The facts show the inaction and inability of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara (MINURSO) to guarantee compliance with the Peace Accords in the area and the main objective of its mission, which is the celebration of the Self-Determination Referendum in Western Sahara.
We denounce and demand:
1. The immediate cessation of military operations and the abandonment of the area by the Moroccan military occupying forces, in compliance with the ceasefire agreements signed in 1991.
2. We denounce the conduct of some permanent members of the UN Security Council who encourage Morocco to continue violating international law and block the implementation of the Peace Plan signed with the Polisario Front under the auspices of the United Nations and the African Union.
3. We call on the Secretary General of the United Nations, the member countries of the Security Council and MINURSO, to prevent the escalation of the conflict in Western Sahara, guaranteeing compliance with the Peace Accords and the holding of the Self-determination Referendum for the Sahrawi people.
4. We make a fraternal and respectful call to our brothers and comrades of the African Union (AU) of which the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) and Morocco are members to guarantee compliance with their own Constitutive Act (article 12 ) referred to the NO aggression of a country against another member country.
5. We call on the peoples of the world, the leftist and progressive political forces, the social and popular movements, and the governments of Latin America and the Caribbean to show solidarity with the Polisario Front, the only and genuine representative of the Saharawi people and nation. in its fight for its decolonization and independence.
Sao Paulo Forum Working Group
November 14, 2020.