PUSL.- Through these solidarity gatherings this Saturday, December 19, hundreds of the Sahrawi community and the friends of the Sahrawi people in the two french cities condemned the violation of the ceasefire by Morocco under the eyes of MINURSO, following the attack carried out by its army on Friday 13 November against Saharawi civilian demonstrators in the buffer zone of El Guergarat.
The demonstrators called on the international community and in particular the International Committee of the Red Cross to protect the civilian population in the occupied areas and the release of Saharawi political prisoners.
They also called on France to play a more balanced role in the Security Council for the resolution of this problem of decolonization according to UN resolutions and international legality.
Condemnation of violation of Morocco of the ceasefire agreement in Western Sahara
Morocco violated on November 13, 2020, the ceasefire agreement concluded in 1991, by launching a military operation against Saharawi civilians who were demonstrating peacefully against the opening of an illegal breach in El Guerguerat in the area buffer. The Sahrawi army retaliated in self-defense and the Polisario Front declared a state of war following this aggression.
The Sahrawi Associations of Toulouse, as well as those in solidarity with the Sahrawi People, gather on Saturday, December 19, 2020, in Toulouse to:
- Express their support for the Saharawi people, following the attack carried out by Moroccan soldiers against civilian demonstrators in front of the illegal breach of Elguergarat and denounce the irresponsibility of the Kingdom of Morocco in its violation of the ceasefire, in the knowledge and in view of the United Nations “MINURSO” mission in place.
- Require an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, in order to force Morocco to respect: the owes of the Saharawi people to self-determination and independence, through the referendum promised to the Saharawis since 1991.
- Demand from the International Commission of the Red Cross the protection of civilians in the occupied territories of Western Sahara and the release of political prisoners (especially those of the GdeimIzik group held for more than 10 years by the Moroccan occupier).
- Demand the closure of the illegal breach of Elguergarat, by which Morocco exports the plundering of the wealth of Western Sahara and facilitates the entry of its cannabis production on the African market, thus exposing its youth to the ravages of its consumption, by compromising at the same time, not only the development of Africa, the construction and integration of the Maghreb, but threatening Europe, given the promiscuity of this region
- We also ask the French government, which has a share of responsibility in the current situation, to be in accordance with the values of the French Republic and to work for peace and the right of peoples to self-determination .
- Denounce the complicity of the European Union, by ratifying trade agreements including Western Sahara, with Morocco to finance its war, despite the decisions of the European Court of Justice, which specify that Morocco and Western Sahara are two entities distinct and separate.
Association of Sahrawis of Toulouse
The bressuiraise association
Solidarity with the children of Western Sahara
and with One Hand we can’t applaud