Violence of Moroccan settlers against Saharawis encouraged by the occupying power

PUSL.- Brahim Hmad, a Saharawi from the occupied territories of Western Sahara, was brutally attacked by Moroccan settlers on 15 September at 2:30 a.m. in El Aaiun.

These attacks perpetrated by Moroccan settlers against Saharawis have increased in recent years, with total impunity and without prosecution by the occupation authorities or attempts to find the culprits.

The most known case was that of Mohamed Lamin Haidala, a victim of an attack that ended up dying in Moroccan police custody after serious medical neglect and torture on 8th February 2015. The mother has been claiming her son’s body for years, there was no investigation, no autopsy, no funeral.

The Hmad family is known for their activism in defense of human rights. Fadili, one of Brahim’s cousins, was murdered in Dakhla, and the family home burned. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Gdeim Izik prisoners currently detained in Tiflet 2 are still subject to isolation and inhuman treatment

PUL.- The Saharawi political prisoner Abdallahi Abbahah, of the group of Gdeim Izik, currently held in the Tiflet 2 prison in Morocco, will make a 48 hour protest hunger strike in support of El Bachir Khadda from the same group, who entered an open hunger strike last 18h of September.

According to the information of the family, Abbahah declared that he will make a 48 hour protest hunger strike in support of El Bachir Khadda and also against the daily harassment, ill treatment and prolonged confinement he is subjected to since his transfer over 5 months ago.

The prisoners of Tiflet2, Mohamed Lamin Haddi, Abdallahi Abbahah and El Bachir Khadda have been without meaningfull human contact for months, victims of psychological torture, harassment and ill treatment. They are in cells with the bare minimum necessary, without any means to spend their time, starring at the walls 22 hours or more. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Following the recent repression in the Occupied territories of WS: President Brahim Gali asks the UN to guarantee the protection and security of Sahrawi civilians

Bir Lehlu (Liberated Territories of the SADR), September 22, 2018 (SPS) -. The President of the Sahrawi Republic, Mr. Brahim Gali, called on the United Nations SG, Mr. Antonio Guterres, to intervene to put an end to the repressive practices of the Moroccan authorities and guarantee the safety and protection of Sahrawi civilians in the Occupied Areas of Western Sahara.

In a letter addressed to the United Nations SG on the recent Moroccan repression against the Saharawi demonstrators, the President of the Republic said that Morocco, through these repeated methods, does not “reflect” the real will or good faith to cooperate with the efforts of the United Nations, led by the Personal Envoy of the United Nations for Western Sahara, the former German President Horst Köhler.

“These practices constitute a flagrant violation of international law and international humanitarian law, depriving the Saharawi people of their right to express themselves in accordance with the commandments of international law,” said the President of the Saharawi Republic. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Non-violent protests by young Saharawis in Smara

PUSL.- On 18 September, two young Sahrawi with higher degree, Said Abba Sheikh and Mohammed Ahmed Taleb Ahmad entered the area of ​​MINURSO (United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara) where they intended to deliver a letter addressed to António Guterres, UN Secretary-General , having previously sent a copy by e-mail.

In statements to PUSL Said Abba Sheikh reported what happened.

Since the beginning of 2018 a group of young Saharawi graduates from Smara have been carrying out various protest actions demanding their economic rights.

“The reality that we live in Smara is not what is advertised by the Moroccan occupation government, which says that it is all wonderful. We live in an occupied territory and as Sahrawi we do not have access to employment , so we decided to start a series of protests ”

One of the actions was a “sit in” in front of a building of the Smara Town hall for 38 days demanding their economic and social rights. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

The Frente POLISARIO is ratified by the Special Committee on Decolonization as the sole and legitimate representative of the Saharawi people

United Nations (New York), September 21, 2018 (SPS) -. The Special Committee on Decolonization of the United Nations charged with examining the situation with regard to the implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples reaffirmed that the Frente POLISARIO remains the sole and legitimate representative of the Saharawi people in conformity with the resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations.

In its annual report of 2018 submitted to the 73rd session of the General Assembly of the United Nations, the Special Committee also reaffirmed the right of the Saharawi people to the self-determination and legal status of Western Sahara as a subject of decolonization, thiis strong and frank position strengthens the position of the Frente POLISARIO as the only and legitimate representative of the Saharawi people, and represents another serious blow and a major setback for the diplomacy of the Moroccan occupying state, which resorted to all methods of pressure, extortion, deception and fraud, to persuade Committee members from refraining from supporting this position by signing and being consistent with the international legitimacy and relevant United Nations resolutions. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

The Polisario Front files a complaint to the Paris Court against a French company

aps.dz – Paris- The Polisario Front filed Tuesday afternoon a complaint before the public prosecutor of the Court of First Instance of Paris against the company “Chancerelle”, which exploits the brand of cannery “Connetable”, for “illegal” activity in the Sahrawi territory.

The Connetable cannery, located in France in Finistère, also sells sardines from Morocco which represents more than half of its activity . However, these sardines are actually fished “illegally” in Saharawi waters, said the representative of the Polisario Front in France, Bachir Oubbi Bouchraya, stating that the canned goods are shipped from the site of the company of Agadir in Morocco, “but all the fish comes from Saharawi waters “.

Last Wednesday, Chancerelle announced an investment of 4 million euros for the construction of a new sardine processing plant, in El-Aaiun, the capital of Western Sahara occupied by Morocco. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Report of the EP delegation visiting the occupied territories omits and invents data

PUSL.- The European Parliament’s International Trade Commission (INTA), which paid a visit from the 2nd to 5th of September , published its report in which it omitted data from the meetings held with the Saharawi associations in El Aaiun and did not mention the demonstration by the Saharawi population which took place during the visit and whose dispersion by the Moroccan occupation authorities resulted in several injured among the demonstrators.

They also “forgot” to mention several Saharawi associations with whom they had gathered, choosing to say “and other representatives”. In the report submitted by the 3 INTA members, there is also the name of an activist who was not even in the occupied territories on September 4 between 3.10 and 4 pm when the delegation claims to have met him, the activist at that time was in Granada, Spain according to photos published on facebook.

According to reports by activists from various associations who met at the Hotel Parador in El Aaiun with the EP delegation, everyone clearly reaffirmed to the delegation that the legitimate representative of the Saharawi population is the Polisario Front, another fact that was “forgotten”. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Morocco disperses demonstration of the Saharawi population during the visit of Embassies

PUSL.- Yesterday, the Sahrawi population once again took to the streets of El Aaiun in the occupied territories of Western Sahara in a non-violent demonstration to show their protest and demand self-determination during the visit of representatives of several embassies to the city.

The Moroccan occupation forces immediately dispersed the demonstration with several police elements for each demonstrator, thus preventing representatives of the embassies of Switzerland, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Canada, the United States and Australia from seeing the protests of the Saharawi population.

The team of the Sahrawi media Bentili, however, managed to obtain images of the demonstration. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Letter to the SG UN of the two Sahrawi that were handed by MINURSO to the Moroccan authorities

PUSL.- Below is the letter sent this morning by two young Sahrawi students who were able to enter MINURSO’s headquarters in Smara, Occupied Territories of Western Sahara despite multiple check points.

Said Abba Sheikh and Mohammed Ahmed Taleb Ahmad were aware that MINURSO would most likely hand them out to the occupation authorities, as they have done over the years with a number of Saharawis who have sought out and asked for their physical safety inside the MINURSO mission.

In fact, shortly after entering the MINURSO area, the officials of the “peace” mission delivered the two young men to the Moroccan army that transported them to the Gendarmarie Royal headquarters.

In the letter that they had sent before this protest action to the SG, António Gueterres they were very clear, the claims presented are those of the Saharawi people – the right to self-determination, the end of violence against the population and respect for the most basic human rights.

The two young people are willing to risk their lives to send this simple message to the Secretary General, will anyone listen to them? Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>

Two young Saharawis enter the headquarters of Minurso

PUSL.- Two young Saharawis succeeded this morning in passing security checkpoints and entering MINURSO headquarters in the occupied city of Smara, Western Sahara.

The two university students Said Abakhaikh and Mohamed Ahmed Taleb had sent a letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations on the serious situation in Western Sahara under illegal occupation by Morocco.

The young people intend to hold a peaceful protest within MINURSO, a UN peace mission to the territory, which does not fulfill its mandate nor does it protect the Saharawi population.

Several activists are concerned that MINURSO will hand the two young people over to the Moroccan authorities as was the case of a group of young people in El Aaiun a few years ago who were tortured by the Moroccan authorities in front of the headquarters of this mission. Read more

Ayúdanos a difundir >>>
1 2